Regardless of how much time or money you have, you can help save lives at the shelter!
Low on time and money?
Help raise funds for Athenspets by just shopping or walking.
Sign up, choose Athenspets as your charity, then install the iGive button. Find your store on the iGive site (over 1600 participating stores), then click on the link to the store and shop.
Download the ResQwalk app to your smart phone from iTunes or Google Play and search for Athenspets as your charity.
Got more time than money?
Volunteer at the shelter or Athenspets!
Exercise and socialize the dogs and cats – it’s fun! People assume the shelter is a depressing place, but it’s not – do these animals look sad to you? No, because they are playing with volunteers! Come any time the shelter is open 10am-4pm every day but Wednesday.
Athenspets needs volunteers too! Email email@example.com for details.
- Take pictures and write stories for the shelter dogs and cats
- Drive dogs or cats to their rescue group or transport north
- Crosspost the dogs and cats on our site on social media, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Got more money than time?
- Sponsor a dog or cat to encourage a rescue group to take them.
- Donate to the Athenspets Medical Fund to provide veterinary care to sick and injured shelter dogs and cats.
- Donate to the Athenspets Spay/Neuter Fund to reduce pet overpopulation in the Athens area.
- Donate to the Athenspets General Fund facilitate the rescue of shelter animals by helping, for example, with the cost short-term boarding and transportation to out-of-state licensed rescues.
- Purchase needed supplies for the shelter from the Athenspets Amazon wishlist or Animal Control website.